Palm Springs, CA
The City of Palm Springs has established a new Facade Improvement Grant Program designed to assist businesses with creating attractive, inviting storefronts and signage while encouraging improvement and investment in commercial properties within the City. The program features a match grant up to $7,500 to assist in the cost of exterior improvements made by a property owner or tenant.
Examples of eligible improvements include:
- Exterior Signs.
- Awnings, canopies, or sunshades.
- Painting or exterior surface treatment.
- Asphalt paving, replacement or repair of tiles or decorative pavers; sidewalk or courtyard repaving.
- Repair or replacement of masonry walls or footings.
- Outdoor lighting.
- Installation, repair or replacement of decorative or security fencing.
- Replacement of plate glass windows; re-glazing of windows or change of window mullions.
- Installation or replacement of outdoor landscaping and fountains.
- Facade must be visible from the public right of way.
Interested applicants may apply for the program by downloading and completing a fillable application on the City’s website at palmspringsca.gov/facadeprogram.
Residents may also request a mailed application by contacting Diana Shay at
Diana.Shay@palmspringsca.gov. Applications may also be picked up at City Hall Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For additional questions, contact Community Development at (760) 323-8259.