Palm Springs, CA
In an effort to assist unhoused residents during the cold weather season, the City of Palm Springs has partnered with Martha’s Village and Kitchen to provide overnight shelter at the Palm Springs Access Center.
The facility, located at 225 El Cielo Road, will have 15 beds available nightly for those in need fromJan. 2 – Feb. 28, 2023. Hours of operation will be4:30 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. Free dinner, breakfast and hygiene items will also be available. Beds will be available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 4:30 p.m. daily.
For more information, contact Rosa Verduzco with Martha’s Village and Kitchen at (760) 347-4741, ext. 109.
Client Services Include:
- Hygiene supplies
- Cooling Center (For Homeless and Community Clients)
- Providing information and referrals to other providers/resources
- Clothing Vouchers
- Client Mailbox
Outreach, Case Management, and Employment Services:
- Case/Care Management: Providing information and referrals to other providers to develop an individualized housing and service plan/Employment Plan, including planning a path to permanent housing stability and self-sufficiency
- Referrals: Providing information and referrals to other community/resources providers (Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Legal Assistance, etc.)
- Mainstream Benefits Assistance: When assistance is provided for any mainstream service (CalFresh, Medical, SSI/SSDI, CalWorks, GA, EDD, ID, SS Card, Birth certificate, etc.)
- Housing Placement Assistance: ANY Shelter Referrals, VA Vouchers, Sec 8, IV-SPDAT, Low Income Housing
- Life Skills Education: Job Training, ESL, GED, Assessments, Certificates that are used to secure/retain a job, Interview Tips, and Computer Classes
- Job Placement Assistance: Resume, Cover Letter, Job search, Email, Gift cards for uniforms, ID Voucher, Background Check, and Food Handler cards
- Transportation Assistance: Bus Passes and Gas Vouchers
- Financial Literacy: Life Management Skills such as budgeting, shopping for food/needed items, and more.