Palm Springs, CA
After an unprecedented 22-game road trip to open their inaugural season, the AHL’s Coachella Valley Firebirds (@Firebirds), a an affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Seattle Kraken (@SeattleKraken), are playing some of the hottest hockey in the AHL, boasting a 21-6-3 record, including six consecutive wins. Sitting atop the Pacific Division alongside the Calgary Wranglers, both with 45 points, there were 22 games before playing a game on the ice at their new home, Acrisure Arena, and the Firebirds have made it an unwelcoming place for their opponents, holding a 4-1 record on home ice. Only the Hershey Bears in the Atlantic Division have more points than the Firebirds and Wranglers with 47. The Firebirds have the best win percentage of all teams in the AHL (.750).
Forward Andrew Poturalski leads the team in scoring, netting 33 points (9 goals, 24 assists) in 30 games. Rookie Ryker Evans is at the top of the list for Firebirds defensemen with 19 points (3 goals, 16 assists) in 29 games. Goaltender Joey Daccord is fourth in the AHL with 12 wins this year.
The Firebirds’ upcoming games on January 7th and 8th mark the Firebirds’ inaugural Pride Weekend, presented by McDonald’s. The Firebirds will don special Pride jerseys for both games that will be available for an online auction using the DASH Auction app (download here). Proceeds from the online jersey auction will benefit youth LGBTQ+ organizations in the Coachella Valley.
NEXT GAME: The Firebirds play a pair of home games this weekend on Saturday, January 7 against the San Jose Barracuda and Sunday, January 8 against the Ontario Reign. Puck drop is scheduled for 6 p.m. PT and 3 p.m. PT, respectively. Individual game tickets are now on sale for all Firebirds home games for the 2022-2023 season and start at just $19.00.
Additional ticket options for Pride weekend include group tickets for 10 or more starting at $18.00 and the Firebirds Flex Plan starting at $20.00 featuring six or 12 tickets that can be used for any home game during the 2022-2023 season at Acrisure Arena
Full Season, partial plans, and group tickets are also on sale for the Firebirds’ inaugural season. For more information and to purchase your ticket plan, please visit www.cvfirebirds.com or call 760-835-8778. View the team’s full game and promotional schedule, including theme night events at www.cvfirebirds.com/schedule.
Acrisure Arena/Coachella Valley Firebirds Fast Facts
- The Firebirds lead the Pacific Division with the best win percentage of all teams in the AHL (.750).
- The Firebirds currently have a 21-6-3 record, with 6 consecutive wins.
- The Firebirds are currently 4-1 at Acrisure Arena.
- Only the Hershey Bears in the Atlantic Division have more points than the Firebirds and Wranglers with 47.
- The Firebirds played 22 consecutive games on the road, including 4 games in Seattle and 1 at Climate Pledge Arena, prior to the opening of Acrisure Arena.
- Forward Andrew Poturalski leads the team in scoring, netting 33 points (9 goals, 24 assists) in 30 games.
- Rookie Ryker Evans is at the top of the list for Firebirds defensemen with 19 points (3 goals, 16 assists) in 29 games.
- Goaltender Joey Daccord is fourth in the AHL with 12 wins this year.